Simple, easy, and cheap, jam is the perfect food for beginners in the kitchen who want to spend the time with their children and have fun.
To start, you need to prepare the ingredients. You can bring your kids with you when shopping, too. If you have not decided which fruit you want to go with, you can choose your children’s favorite. As for me, I’m choosing blackberries as it is my sons’ favorite.
- 5 cups of Blackberries
- Pectin (you can find this in the baking aisle of the supermarket)
- Sugar Large bowl
Once you have all things ready, you can now start making the jam. Follow the instructions below.
- You need to crush the berries. Put them in a bowl. Get two or more potato mashers and crush the berries with your kids. This is what the children enjoy doing best.
- You can leave the crushing to the kids and start heating the saucepot.
- Once the berries are completely mashed, put it in the saucepot. Add the pectin and sugar. Make sure that you don’t put too much of sugar. Let your child stir the mixture constantly for 10 minutes.
- Get the jars ready. When 10 minutes is up, assist your kids in pouring the berry mix into the jar.
- Let it sit overnight.
- Lastly, put it in the fridge before you and your kids can enjoy it.